Thursday, August 26, 2010

Transformation

Good morning all,

In the upcoming days, Get Out of the Boat's blog page will be undergoing a transformation.  As a child grows, the needs of the child change.  The same is true of ministry.  In future days, you will be able to see different pages associated with the home page where the sermons are located.

My vision currently is to have the following pages:
  1. Inspirational music - this area will hold songs gathered from various sources to  provide a musical channel to support our faith.  As of yet, I have not learned how (or even if) I can add more than one video at a time.  But these videos will change often, and if anyone has suggestions of particular ones, I would love to hear from you.
  2. Library - currently on the home page there is a list of recommended readings.  My hope is to create a listing and brief description of reading materials to help us in our spiritual walk.  As with the music section, if you have suggested readings, please share.
  3. Daily scripture - a page dedicated to having a scripture for reflection.  In the long run, through comments, this could turn into a discussion of what each passage means to the reader that can in turn help support others.
  4. Bible study - earlier we discussed that to know God and know what he has in store for your life, we must spend time in his word.  These studies may take place in individual lesson form, or an entire study dependent upon the time.  Time and prayer will tell what the Lord has in store for us here.
I leave you this morning with a verse from Romans.

I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong - that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith (Rom 1:11, NIV).

Our role here is not just to mutually encourage each other, but to create an ability to reach others as well.  How will we do that?  How will we obey the words of Jesus when he said:

18 "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always to the very end of the age" (Matt 28:18-20) NIV

Jesus is talking about you.  You are the lights that bring others to Jesus.  You are the beacons of his salvation.  You are proof of his never-ending, unwavering, mind-blowing love.  You are the teachers. 

If your belief is that you have to be behind a pulpit to save souls, release it.  You save souls every day, you may not know it. 

You plant seeds. 

You give hope. 

You give love.

You do these things because Jesus is teaching you how.  You save people from a life of suffering and damnation.  You show them the way through your love and kindness.

Jesus saved me and gave me eternal life in his kingdom.  He taught my dear friend Abby to love and care for me in a time where I was destroying myself.  Because of that love, I can stand before everyone today a changed man.  A man who loves Jesus.  A man who loves much more deeply than I ever knew was imaginable. And every day, I give thanks for that.

My challenge to you today is to be the beacon in the dark.  Live, Love, Laugh.  Let God SHINE through you!!


Have a blessed day.  I love you all.

Pastor Jim

2 comments:

  1. You make me cry. You have always been able to do that. I am so glad they are happy crys. You have helped me in return. Thank you and love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby,

    God definitely placed you in my path at the right time. It was you who gave me my first bible. You were also the person who gave me encouragement to pursue my wonderful wife. Because of your belief in me and through God's grace I have truly been blessed. I will never be able to thank you enough.

    ReplyDelete