Monday, January 16, 2012

Time To Ride Again

Let me start by apologizing for not writing for the last few months.  I could make excuses, but I won't.  The simple truth is that I had a bout of not knowing what to write or what to say.  Ultimately, I allowed myself to stop listening to what God wanted me to do and so I did nothing.  Please forgive me.  And to those readers who challenged me by reminding me that this blog is about God and the need for everyone to know Him...Thank You.

Let's ride again together!


Footprints

One night a man had a dream.
He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.  
For each scene, he noticed tow sets of footprints in the sand;
one belonged to him and the other to the Lord.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.  
He noticed that many times along the path of his life 
there was only one set of footprints.
He also notice that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you would walk with me all the way. 
But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, 
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when I needed you most
you would leave me."

The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child,
I love you and would never leave you.  
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."

Often we feel alone.  We feel deserted.  This may be by those that we surround ourselves with, it may be loved ones, it may be God.  But we have to ask ourselves.  Have we really been deserted or in contrast have we actually pulled away from everyone else?
 
God speaks to us in numerous ways.  So does the enemy.  My last post talked about being courageous.  I can honestly say that after writing it, I got scared.  The last few months have definitely been ones where when I look back, I will see only one set of footprints...and they won't be mine.
But the good news, no the great news, is that when we trust in God, when we turn back to Him, he is ALWAYS standing right there waiting for us.  I heard my pastor say this week that God never moves.  He is right there where you left him.  In my mind, in my vision, that is right next to me.  Carrying my burdens, my doubts, my fears...and doing so with love.

If you have been afraid.  If you have turned away.  If you have been doing nothing.  God will always take you back.  Will you let him?


It is time to ride with the Lord again.  Whatever reason you haven't been doesn't matter any more.  I have included the following song for you.  Listen and remember that He is with you always.
 

I wish you may blessings this day.  God loves you and so do I.

Pastor Jim



1 comment:

  1. Love you Jim! I don't think I've ever heard that song, but I like it - thanks for sharing! Welcome back to blogging, good to have your blog to read again! You will do great things...

    ReplyDelete