Monday, March 14, 2011

Ode to a Great Lady

This week has been both great and difficult.  As you may or may not know, I began to feel a call to ministry several years ago.  I had difficulty getting my life in order and in reality had difficulty accepting that God could use me in order to spread His message.  I'm not sure I've gotten my life in order so to speak, but I have accepted that I can be used to spread the message of God.  A few months ago, I began Get Out of the Boat Ministries as a vehicle to begin to reach others with God's message.  However, I wanted to also try to verbally teach God's word as well.  I interviewed with my local church to learn how to join the Prison Fellowship.  The lady I met with was named Pat.

Pat was one of the most awesome people I have ever had the privilege of knowing.  She cared immensely about the Prison Fellowship and the ladies at the prison that we are praying for everyday.  Pat believed that one of the ways to be truly effective in spreading God's word was to get in there and do it.  Pat was the most powerful prayer warrior that I have ever met.  I have been mesmerized by the power that emanated from such a frail body.

Pat gave me my opportunity to join the Prison Fellowship.  It has been one of the most rewarding opportunities that I have ever had.

Sadly, Pat lost a brave battle with several illnesses this past week.  A great gift from God has returned home and oh how I bet the angels are singing.  An angel has returned home.

So while I am sad at my loss and the loss of such a powerful leader for the Prison Fellowship, I rejoice in that she is with the Lord.

Please pray for those of us entering into the prison to bring the light of Jesus to the ladies there.  Please pray for strength for all of us as we enter back into the prison this Saturday without Pat.

I would like to leave you with a song that has truly helped me through some of my darkest times.  Many blessings to each of you this week.  God loves you and so do I.

Pastor Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment