Sunday, March 6, 2011

Apology and Renewal

I want to start off by apologizing for my lack of postings these last few weeks.  I have been going through a spiritual battle like I have never seen before.  As I have drawn closer to God, the enemy has come with a great many attacks to dampen my spirit and the spirits of those around me.  But trusting in the Lord has helped clear my fog, and here I am to do God's bidding again.

For today, I want to share a passage that I recently read.  I hope that you find it at helpful and guiding as I have. This week we will be starting to explore more of the Psalms together as I prepare to teach in front of a live group on the 19th.  Please pray for strength and wisdom as the day approaches.

Pastor Jim

FINDING COURAGE

Be strong and courageous, and do the work.
Don't be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God,
my God, is with you.
He won't leave you or forsake you.
1 Chronicles 28:20

Courage builds character and vice versa.  So if you'd like a brief course in character-building, try this: the next time you face a choice between doing the right thing or the easy thing, summon the courage to do the right thing.  And while you are summoning that courage, ask God to help.

Billy Graham observed, "Down through the centuries, in times of trouble and trial, God has brought courage to the hearts of those who love Him.  The Bible is filled with assurances of God's help and comfort in every kind of trouble which might cause fears to arise in the human heart.  You can look ahead with promise, hope, and joy."  Dr. Graham's words apply to you.

The next time you find your courage tested by the inevitable challenges of life, remember that God is as near as your next breath.  He is your shield and your strength; His is your protector and your deliverer.  Call upon Him in your hour of need and then be comforted.  Whatever your challenge, whatever your trouble, God can handle it.  And will.

This brief passage helped restore my faith as the enemy attacked and attacked and attacked and attacked again.  But God reigns through in His mercy.  And even though the attacks have kept on coming, God has continued to prove himself faithful.

Two weeks ago my mother called out of the blue.  I have only spoken to her twice in the past two years.  God has given a healing to both of us that could not be achieved without His glory and intervention.

Three weeks ago I thought we had found our dream home.  Owning a home in and of itself has only been a pipe dream.  That sale fell through.  It was God's way of saying it was not right.  Now he has led us to a place where we can continue to reunite our families and be a beacon for God.  I even saw a vision of my mother coming to visit in this potential new house.

And finally, I've been feeling ill lately.  God has come in and interceded and already today my spirit is lifted and I feel better.  Things are not has horrible as I have portrayed them to be in my mind.  Remember, the enemy comes to kill, rob, and destroy.  He can do that in a variety of ways, but the easiest is to get you to turn on yourself and start consuming yourself with doubt, fear, and perceived failure.

Don't let him win.  Lean on the Lord God Almighty.  Let Him be your warrior when you can not go on.

This has become one of my favorite quotes:

Do not let Satan deceive you into being afraid of God's plans for your life. 
R. A. Torrey

Let me leave you with one final thing.  God loves you.  He desires great things for you.  

Let Go......And LET GOD!!!

Many blessings to each of you this week.  Keep you compass focused towards God.  He loves you and so do I.

Pastor Jim


No comments:

Post a Comment