Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Are you stuck in a dark cycle?

Over the course of the last few weeks, the rain has been coming.  Not just for me but for many that I know.  The challenges that are faced by believers that are based in the attacks from Satan are never more present than when good things are happening.  Because when good things are happening, we tend to take our eyes off the One who is actually with for us.  We get distracted from God, and when we do...BAM!  The enemy lights us up.

We talk often about breaking cycles...yet this is a cycle that we constantly find ourselves in.
We pray...
We ask for forgiveness...
We get close to God...
Good things happen...
We get distracted...
We get isolated...
We feel badly...
We try to hide...
We feel worse...
We try to make ourselves feel better by doing things we know we shouldn't do...
We feel worse...
We pray...

In that cycle, feel free to substitute the word we with "I".  Because generally when these situations are occurring, "we" feel very alone, unworthy, and horrible.  Read the story of Adam and Eve after they ate the fruit from the tree of knowledge (Gen 3:8 - And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden).  They hid!!!  Does that sound familiar?  When you are not walking in harmony with God's wishes or trying your hardest to, do you hide?  I do.  I withdraw.

But scripture gives us great news and an opportunity to break the cycle that we find ourselves in.  Please take a few moments to read Psalm 25.  This psalm is a plea for deliverance and forgiveness.

Psalm 25:16 - Turn Yourself to me, and have mercy on me, For I am desolate and afflicted.

Psalm 25:20 - Keep my soul, and deliver me; Let me not be ashamed, for I put my trust in You.

Two verses that provide us instruction and guidance for what to request from the Lord and how to do it.  No matter what your situation, the Lord is there with you.  I want to include a song for you that helps me when I have those moments where I am down.  Where I feel like I am not good enough or that what I am doing does not matter.  We do not have to stay in that cycle that leads to destruction. We can remember that God loves us no matter what.  Enjoy the video, may it bless you.

Remember that God loves you and so do I.  I am praying for many blessings for you this day and in the days to come.

Pastor Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment