Saturday, January 15, 2011

Looking on the Bright Side

Ephesians 6:7 Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men,


Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, 


Wherever you are, be all there.  Live to the hilt every situation you believe to be the will of God - Jim Elliot


Your enthusiasm will be infectious, stimulating, and attractive to others.  They will love you for it.  They will go for you and with you.  Norman Vincent Peale


Where has God brought you today?  In the everyday grind of life, how much time do you spend reflecting on the positives of your situation?  For many of us, we get stranded in despair wondering "Why isn't this going my way?" or "Why me?"


I have often wondered why things are occurring the way they are.  I've been told throughout the years that everything is what you make of it.  I think that is correct - but only if your making of it includes the help of God.  I know that I have spent many years not listening to the word of the Lord and it has cost me dearly.  I'm blessed in that because I began to listen and follow God's plan for me - my life has truly been blessed.


Friends have returned.  New friends have been created.  Family relationships have been restored.  Because I quit trying to do it on my own.  I began to follow God's plan for my life.  It amazes me daily how much my life has changed in such a short period of time.


Now don't take me wrongly.  Looking at the bright side of things does not mean that life is not hard.  The same hardships that faced me before still face me now.  But my perspective has changed.  As that has occurred, my ability to affect change in others has occurred as well through the blessings of God.


My challenge to you is to give it all to God.  The good, the bad, the ugly.  He knows and understands.  Trust me, if ever there was someone more undeserving of God's grace, it is me.  God understands.  God loves.  God forgives and forgets.  God stands by willing to place his blessings upon you if you will let him.  Give it all to the one with the broadest shoulders and expect....


Expect love....


Expect forgiveness....


Expect blessings....


Expect peace....


Trouble will come.  But rest assured as it says in Nahum 1:7 The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble.  He cares for those who trust in Him.


Is today the day you begin to not only look for the bright side but also begin to see the bright side?  Is today the day that you place your love and trust in the One who can provide you refuge and give you peace?  Can and will you do everything to display the glory of God?  Go for it and ask God to go with you.


Many blessings to each of you this day.  God loves you and so do I.


Pastor Jim



No comments:

Post a Comment